Monday, August 15, 2011
Well, kiddies, for the last few weeks I’ve been mulling over making this sad decision. I regretfully have to say it’s time to ride into the sunset on this little blog of ours. I know I know. But all good things must come to an end someday.
For the last few years this little thing called Idiot Ballroom has been a big part of my life. It started out as an addendum to a live radio show/podcast. From there it morphed into the beast that it was, but as of late… well let’s just say it feels like the right time to shut the lights off, lock the doors and call it a day.
In the beginning there were three of us with a whim of starting a revolution. Due to time constraints it dwindled down to two. The remaining two did a short-lived comedy podcast for a time. That was fun. Then one of us moved to Florida. After that, focus was devoted to the blog itself. Then one day I found myself the sole captain running this Idiot Ballroom ship. I loved doing what I was doing, don’t get me wrong, but as of late it seems more of a chore than it should be. There are potential endeavors on the horizon, to which I hope I’ll see some of you faithful followers in some sort of capacity when they are launched.
So there it is. The last four years summed up in a few simple paragraphs. Sad in a way. But like I said, there it is.
So, what final parting words and advice do I want to leave here?
- First, LOST was the greatest show ever made in the history of television.
- Never underestimate the power of a good song to get you through the worst of times.
- The monkeys are plotting and scheming. You have been warned. Prepare yourself accordingly.
- Friends. You got to have them. Even the hangman has friends.
- And finally, I still have hope in the human race. Yes, I know sometimes it seems like we’re on the verge of collapse and destroying our civilization. But I still believe we can pull it together.
That’s it. Goodbye. Adios. Au revoir. So long and thanks for all the fish.